Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Little League Updates

Well, this will teach me to call my best friend's son's Little League team a "pretty bad team." The ink was barely dry on my last post when his son's team went out and upset the #1-seeded team in the playoffs last night! They play for the league championship on Saturday! His son pitched quite well, striking out 12 batters, and another boy on the team hit one out of the park. Depending on which account you believe, the ball either cleared the fence by 20 feet, or it landed two zip codes away. I wasn't there, so I don't know for sure. At any rate, I think it's safe to say that everyone in the league is stunned by the outcome. I know Chuck was about to burst at the seams with fatherly pride last night. He hardly noticed when I took the Grand Championship of the World home with me last night. In his defense, though, it's hard to shoot pool with an enormous cheesy grin permanently plastered to your face and your chest all puffed out because your son's team did the totally unexpected, in large part because your boy played so well. Unfortunately, his son can't pitch in Saturday's game (league pitch-count rules), but they have another good pitcher on the team, so keep your fingers crossed.

The son of my other set of friends that I mentioned yesterday? Well, his team lost 21-0 last night. I guess that's better than 32-2, though, right? My friends' son was out of town and missed the game, but it doesn't sound like he missed much.

So there you have it. Because I knew you were hanging on the edge of your seat after yesterday's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?