Monday, March 30, 2009

Life is Good


Just a quick update on things...

My oldest had a great birthday weekend... She got all the Disney Princess stuff, chocolate milk, cake, dresses, balloons, and time with both sets of grandparents that she could ever hope for...

Our damn dog is with my sister for the week...

My kids are spending the week with Grandmommy and Granddaddy... I already miss them--especially "Boo, Daddy!" from my youngest and "I want {insert whim of the moment here}..." from my oldest--but there is a certain sense of liberation that is quite uplifting...

And why are the dog and our kids gone? Because in the wee hours of the morning tomorrow, the Mrs. and I head out to Las Vegas! A return trip for me... A maiden voyage for her...

Speaking of the Mrs., I'm really looking forward to spending some one-on-one time with her this week... I wouldn't trade my kids for the world, but parenting really changes a relationship, especially if you don't get much one-on-one time... So I can't wait for a few days of doing whatever we want to do and going wherever we want to go, whenever we want to do or go...

Adding to the joy of the beginning of my vacation is the fact that I correctly predicted the Final Four in the men's NCAA basketball tournament... I might actually win the two competitions I'm in...especially if North Carolina beats Michigan State in the championship game... I don't follow college basketball at all... I watched part of one game all season long... I recognize that this is absolutely nothing more than pure luck, but I'll take it...especially as I head to Vegas...

I advanced in the playoffs in my head-to-head fantasy hockey league by the slimmest of margins on the last day of competition in this round... I now begin a two-week-long championship round against the #1-seed, who also advanced... I'm the #2-seed...

Baseball season starts in a week, which I'm really looking forward to, both for the actual games and for the fantasy baseball leagues I'm in...

Last night, my favorite team on the Amazing Race finished in first place again...

Tonight, I won't be sharing a bed with a three-year-old who practices her kung-fu moves on dear ol' Daddy's kidneys and head all night long in her sleep... Again...love her...miss her...but sleep is a rare commodity around here, so I'm looking forward to catching a lot of z's tonight...

So I've hung up my probation officer hat, my daddy hat, and my friend hat for the week, and I'm only wearing my husband hat for the next few days... The sports universe is smiling on me at the moment, I continue to enjoy one of my favorite TV shows, and I might actually get a bit of shuteye tonight...

Life is good...

2 comments:

  1. well, i had a nice big comment all typed about how john and i were just talking the other day about how before kids we'd go out to chili's or roadhouse all the time after work and sleep til noon on weekends and watch real movies where people cussed and that didn't have spongebob in them, and how i wouldn't trade my kids for the world even though they were literally clinging to my head and arm as i type this...but then the boy hit a key and my entire comment was gone. i think i even typed it with proper puncuation and capital letters and everything.

    so PLEASE. for me, enjoy your time in vegas with the mrs and no kids! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, so my mean comments on FB were made out of pure jealousy, you know that right? our anniversary was last weekend so we got a sitter for overnight and a hotel for the night downtown...we went out and didn't have to rush back to pick up kids from 2 or 3 different places (b/c you know there are few people in our lives who can handle all 3 of my kids together at the same time). it was great, but too short. I'm praying we get a chance for a longer getaway sometime later this year....a weekend at dale hollow would be awesome. Sooo, sorry for the meanness...have a great time in Vegas! I'm positive you both deserve it!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?