Monday, April 27, 2009

Something's different.

I'm trying something new. It's not new, really. Rather, it's different. For me, anyway. See, I've been doing things differently than most others for the past several years. And now I'm trying to be the same as most others.

It feels kind of strange to be doing things this way. Although, I can do it like everyone else when I need to. Like at work. I always communicate with a judge like that. That's just the way it's done. But when I'm communicating with friends in a more social setting, it's difficult for me to do for some reason. It seems abrupt. Final. The end. No more room for discussion.

The old way seems more free... More flowing... More open to continued thought and conversation... Like this thought is probably concluded...unless you really want to talk about it some more...which we can...because...you know...I'm cool with it... It's comfortable to me...like popping open the button on those pants after a big Thanksgiving dinner...

But the way most other people do it is more proper. It probably looks better, especially when there's a lot to say. And it's a third of the effort of the way I've been doing it.

So I'm trying something new. Or different. Or whatever. We'll see how long it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?